Below are the details for our OLD swap meet plan. For the current plan, go here: Swap_Meet_Planning
OLD Swap Meet Planning Page
The decision was made by a majority vote at the last General Quarterly Meeting (7/6/10) that we should organize a computer/tech swap meet as a fundraising event.
Details on the Event
There is only one other technology-related swap meet in the area currently, and it's fairly focused on ham radio equipment. The tables/selling spaces at this event are rented out at $10 each. The idea for our event is that we hold it as a type of city-wide garage sale for computer equipment and other related technology.
We currently have a few rentable location options:
- A bingo hall ($300)
- A Goodwill sorting center ($220)
- A UT campus warehouse ($250)
We're going to need help/volunteers for this event! We will be recruiting volunteers who would like to help:
- organize and advertise the event
- man the entrances and booths
- handle money transactions
- oversee the safety and upkeep of the venue and its patrons before/during/after the event.
Please let us know if you're interested in participating and/or volunteering for the swap meet by signing up below! We have a goal of holding the event sometime in mid-August or September 2010. The fall semester for UT college students starts on August 23rd and it seems like an excellent time to hold this type of event.
Will you help us?
- Martin Bogomolni, head organizer
- Mandie Kramer, I can do a few things in advance of the event