|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
|Edit this template|
Get the most up-to-date tips and repair info from my EverHack blog post, "Cricut Repair Info"
Onboard hardware includes:
- Atmel AVR 1281 CPU http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc2549.pdf
- 8 power transistors for controlling 2 stepper motors http://datasheet.seekic.com/PdfFile/BD2/STMicroelectronics_BD243C102219.pdf
- A pair of push/pull transistors to control the voice-coil-based cutter solenoid (+/- 18vdc)
- a piezo beeper
- a 4mbit Atmel AT45DB041D flash chip http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=3806
- serial I/O via FTDI FT232BL http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/ICs/FT232B.htm
Here are some close-up photos of a 2-layer Cricut Create motherboard. Following the circuitry in the later 3-layer boards is nearly impossible.
The Expression's motherboard is identical aside from having a different display connector.