Proposed structure Draft v0.2
Interest groups are semi-autonomous groups of hackerpace members
They exist to promote and organize a trade, craft, art, science, or event
Most groups claim a part of the space and self-organize within their domain.
All groups should have:
- A Lead or Leads (as point of contact and organizer)
- A mailing list (For discussion/contact)
- Meeting times (at least one a month)
Examples include:EG: DiY bio, Electronics, Woodworking, Software, Crafts Fair See the: Interest Group Template for more
Interest groups may be allocated resources such as:
- Recurring or long-term use of space
- Recurring or one-time budgets
- Hosted Tools and Hackerspace property
Unlike Committees, which are organized by the directorship in order to serve the membership as a whole and execute delegated duties, Interest Groups (AKA Special Interest Groups) are organized by members in order to coordinate and serve their own needs.