The ATX Hackerspace Wiki works on an "Confirmed Account" system. You don't have to be a member to obtain a Wiki account, but you do have to apply for an account that is approved by a site admin. We encourage anyone, anywhere to add useful content to our site, however want to make it harder for spammers to hit our site.
Here's how that works:
- Someone who wants an account will click the "Request Account" link in the upper right hand corner of the site.
- They (the account requestor) will fill out a form with a username, real name, email address, and a short bio. The email address has to be a real working address so that you can receive the password reset emails and etc. The bio will become part of their wiki user page but you can edit it further later.
- After submitting the form, the account requestor will get an email with a link in it, that they must click to confirm their email account is real.
- When the requestor clicks that link, a notification email will be sent to the board-private mailing list, and a board member will review the queue of account applicants at https://atxhs.org/wiki/Special:ConfirmAccounts and approve the new account (or reject it if it is spam).
- The account requestor will receive and email that the account is activated.
- The new account holder should visit the page http://atxhs.org/wiki/Special:Preferences and review their preferences, and also check out http://atxhs.org/wiki/ATX_Wiki_Guide for instructions on editing the wiki.
- If the account requestor needs more than the ordinary page editing permissions, they should email the board list and someone will add them to the appropriate group.
Welcome to our Wiki - Be Excellent, Make A Difference!